About Regional Youth Info Centre Rijeka - UMKI
According to our Statute, Association develops and implements projects aimed at improving the totality of life for youth, linking local authorities, institutions, economy and citizens, advocacy at all levels, organizing public actions, services, information, databases, providing technical assistance and resources to implement projects, organize events, sporting events, concerts, exhibitions, seminars, workshops, and publishing activities in accordance with special regulations and cooperate with other organizations and with organizations and institutions in the fields of education, science, culture, sports, entertainment and environmental protection to achieve the objectives of the Association.
As a Regional Youth Information Center we are partners with local and regional government and partially financed by the state. That gives as the privilege to cooperate with all stakeholders regarding youth in our communities such as other NGOs and relevant institutions working for children and youth interests and their families.
We are involved in creation, implementation and evaluation of youth policies on local, regional and national level as well as European level, being a part of ERYICA (European Youth Information and Counseling Agency) and EURODESK the main provider of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them) in a roll of national multiplicator.
Organisation is a member of several networks such as:
Croatian Youth Network (MMH) - an alliance of 69 non-governmental youth organizations acting as the National Youth Council in the Republic of Croatia.
- Association of Youth Information Centers in Croatia - national network of regional and local youth info centers across Croatia
- European Youth Information and Counselling Agency - an international not-for-profit association established in 1986, a network which consists of 25 Members, 7 Affiliated- and 2 Co-operating Organisations working in 28 countries.
- EURODESK network - the main provider of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. A non-profit-making International Association aiming to provide high quality information and advice concerning Europe to young people and those who work with them throughout national co-ordinators in 32 European countries.
- Football against racism Europe (FARE) network - an umbrella organisation that brings together individuals, informal groups and organisations driven to combat inequality in football and use the sport as a means for social change. It is an international organisation with more than 130 members in over 30 European countries.
- The Football Supporters Europe network (FSE) is an independent, representative and democratically organised grass-roots network of football fans' in Europe with members in currently 45 countries across the continent recognised by UEFA as their European dialogue partner on fans’ issues.